Tuesday, April 26, 2011

PSYCHO...in more ways than one

So today I finished reading Go Ask Alice. Incredible book, in more ways than one. Incredibly insightful, incredibly depressing and incredibly good. If you have not read it you need too. It is a diary of a girl in the seventies, she goes through everything. Its all true, you are reading a real journal of a girl. READ IT!


Next type of psycho:
    Psychobilly!!
  lately I have been feeling the urge to fall back into my high school punk phase, which was really a psychobilly phase, which was an obsession with the Horrorpops
Another sweet band
the creepshow
these women are the perfect example of how to be feminine without being "girly". I super hate when girls think they have to dress like a man to not be girly. You CAN be FEMININE with out being GIRLY, that my dear friends is a very important concept!!!!!
Anyway I have been falling in love with this music all over again, and of course along with that comes the inspiration to dress like them. So I dug out my creeper boots with disney villain laces, black eyeshadow,and dark painted lips. Zombies, ghouls, and bad ass women, thats Psychobilly to me! 
Another high school punk love 
The Horrors!!!!

the last few are from the video to their song, she is the new thing. Its my favorite by them, no wait scratch that, jack the ripper is my favorite but this I love the video, it is a mixture of video and drawn stop motion. WATCH IT



so there is my rant for today
adieu 








No comments:

Post a Comment